Tuesday 15 July 2014

Day 5 Tuesday July 15

What a day!!!!!
Started out at 8.Goal was to reach Edmondston  New Brunswick by nightfall.
Starting at sea level, the first three hours was climbing .  It would be a tough day of cycling. Very few cycle shoulders; hugging highway and sharing it with huge semis.
Meeting up with Ralf every 10 k to provide water for hydration. Using old car rag to wipe face, his fac,. Will have to add rag to his dirty laundry tonite.
Ralf regretting every dessert he's ever had .
Waiting for Ralf in Rivière Blue. While waiting was bit near (r) eye by a bug. Ralf shows up and leans bike against car!!!!!!! If you remember my Top 10 list 3 years ago when Ralf was cycling from Calgary, # 7 on the list said "don't place bike against car- it's not a bike rack". Ralf's power aid drink splattered on my car when I opened door ... red dots all over car. Eventually Ralf left and I stayed behind to make notes. Seconds later, Ralf called and said meet him at top of hill. He sounded perturbed. I quickly left to join him. I thought he was either hit by a semi or had the infamous flat tire. None of the aforementioned. Ralf said I damaged his rear tire when I opened the door!!!! Rule # 7- don't lean your bike on my car. Tire was bent. Really?, could you not have cycled on it. So bike put in Escape, Ralf in front seat, driving to the nearest bike repair shop- Edmondston. Thank you Megan for finding repair shop on line. Went to Jessome's Source for Sports to their bicycle repair shop. Technician said the damage was not caused by me closing door on bike- rim of tire toast. "Apology accepted, Ralf!" New tire put on bike- metal fatigue . They only had one rim that would fit his bike  ... praise God ... God is having too much fun with Ralf's ride. What will tomorrow bring? This is turning out to be more stressful for me then Ralf. I may finish the ride starting tomorrow Ralf can blog and be my support vehicle ... easy peasy.
Hunkered down at the Best Western. Goal for tomorrow, undetermined; weather dependant.
Ttyl,xx



Bug bite in car... ouch!

Jessome'e Source for Sport's to repair bent rim


A selfie from carrying Ralf's flat tire...

1 comment: