Thursday 9 October 2014

Sunday July 20

Atho' ride actually finished yesterday I just want to make mention of this … Ralf and I ran this am!!!!! Not that Ralf needs to get more exercise but we did (this may be the first and last time for me). Toured the HMS Kingston- interesting. Had breakfast and a slow walk back to hotel to change before our visit to Cavendish Beach- old honeymoon stop 34 years ago. We had the BEST hotdogs there. I've never forgotten how they tasted 34 years ago. Note- do not make a visit to Cavendish Beach for their hotdogs as they are nothing like what they used to be. I knew as soon as I saw them they were different. Why did they change them? I'd rather have a Costco dog and I don't have to drive 1500 km. 
When getting into car, driver's doors not locked- yikes, I guess in my haste and getting bags and stuff out of car I didn't secure car after I parked it on the street in front of hotel (Ralf probably in hotel bar having a beer). When taking note of what was and was't there, I first noticed my iPhone charger was still there (whew -lol); not to mention all our other valuables - Ralf's bike, Nikon camera, cooler, gingersnap cookies - guess we bought a lot of them … and they still tasted good :). As safe as PEI is I will lock car tight tonight!

Ralf going to make appointment when back home with the best dentist in southern Ontario- Dr. Joseph Lasko - to fix loose teeth caused by the inferior state of asphalt. The term washboard does not describe the deplorable conditions of the highways in some parts … most parts. And Ralf will ask Dr. Joe if he can do anything for the bum sores (? local anaesthetic ?)


No comments:

Post a Comment